Description of Banking Jobs
• Managing the department of payable and receivable accounts of the bank.
• Handling the assessment and the documentation of different loans that may be given out by the bank.
• Analyzing the application of the loan that has been put forward by the customer and understanding the prospective links associated with it and deciding if the finance should be given or not.
• Contacting the bank's team of senior management in case of sanctioning a large amount of loan to any client.
• Preparing a quarterly or monthly report on available bank liquidity and proffer the same to the team of senior management or the bank's financial heads.
• To stay well-versed about the most recent advancements in technology and understanding their role to make banking trouble free for the clients and the ways of attracting more and more clients to open new accounts.
The aspirants of banking jobs willing to be employed in well known banking firms are required to possess some educational requirements.
• Degree of bachelors in commerce is a basic prerequisite for any banking job.
• Masters degree in the field of commerce from any university or college proves to be an additional benefit.
• A degree of certified public accountant (CPA) is not obligatory but it certainly provides a benefit over other seekers of banking jobs.
• Knowledge of banking, auditing, book keeping, analysis and finance and taxation.
• An exam of CAIIB accomplished by institute of banking and finance.
Certification and Training
Some of the short term certification and training courses for the professionals in the field of banking jobs are:
• (auditing/banking)- forensic accounting
• (government/banking)- non profit accounting
• (professional banking)- controllership
• (professional banking)- taxation
• (information technology and banking)
The numerous banks generate thousands of banking jobs per year. There is both private sector as well as public sector banks. A person is eligible to engage in various profiles of banking jobs in this industry like institutional banking, retail banking, merchant banking as well as investment banking.
The salary of banking professional is different in different organizations, but overall it is fairly good enough.
A bank executive earns a salary of about $30,000 which reaches to a maximum of $45,000 in most cases; however this depends on the type of bank in which an individual is employed, in either the nationalized or private sector.
A bank manager earns an average salary of about $50,000 to $70,000 all depending on ones educational qualifications and experience in the relevant field.
The industry of banking in the nation has observed remarkable growth. This expansion of banks in new provinces all across the country is expected to bring about many banking jobs meant for the professionals of this industry.